Fish dishes, which come across with generalized recipes, are prepared and adopted with the touches specific to their region, related to the beaches where the caught fish are caught the most. Anchovy is as valuable for a whole Black Sea as a sardine for Gallipoli and a bluefish for Istanbul – we can multiply these examples. That is, anchovy is undoubtedly one of the most loved and consumed fish caught in the waters of our country. Although the Black Sea people embrace it a lot, as it evokes in our minds, the recipes with anchovy in the Thrace regional cuisine, at least in the axis of those general recipes, find a place in the kitchen. Well, many people overlook that Thrace has a coast on the Black Sea, that’s a separate issue.
Among the fish dishes prepared using anchovy, steamed fish has a special place. No one can resist steamed anchovies, which can be prepared either in the oven or in a pan over the fire, and which can be brewed with vegetables. So, let’s share an anonymous steaming recipe around a general recipe from our pages.
- 1 kg of anchovies
- 2-3 orta boy potatoes
- 3-4 medium onions
- 4-5 medium tomatoes
- 4-5 green peppers
- 2 orta boy limon
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt / Black Pepper / Bay leaf
- Butter / Oil
Preparation of :
- Cut off the heads of your anchovies and remove the bone in the middle.
- Wash it under plenty of water and leave it to drain.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into thin rounds.
- Chop two of your tomatoes into rings and the rest into cubes.
- Chop your onions and lemons into rings.
- Slice one or two of your peppers lengthwise, and the rest not too thinly into anklet rings.
- Chop your parsley so that it is not very fine, but to the teeth.
- When the preparation of all the materials is finished, we can start to arrange them on our baking tray.
- Lightly grease the bottom of your baking tray with a piece of butter so that it reaches the side walls as well.
- Season your strained anchovies with salt and pepper, blend them and keep them aside.
- On the bottom of your baking tray, first place your diced potatoes and the onion rings on them.
- Season this layer with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Arrange your fish on it in a close order, covering all the ingredients.
- After laying another layer of falcon rings on top of your fish, add the diced tomatoes, peppers and half of the chopped parsley. Sprinkle bay leaves from time to time and place half of the lemons cut into rings on this layer.
- Arrange your remaining fish on this layer again in a close order, completely covering it.
- Cover the last row of fish with tomato, onion and lemon rings, garnish with pepper slices and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- On one side, dilute 1 tablespoonful of tomato paste with 1 tea glass of water. Drizzle this sauce over the steamed dishes you have lined up.
- Drizzle a little oil over all the ingredients and cover the tray tightly with greaseproof paper and then aluminum foil.
- In a preheated oven set at 180-200 degrees, first steam it under the cover for 40-45 minutes, then remove the cover and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm by removing all the ingredients, down to the potatoes in the base.
Not : The photos have been used representatively from the internet.